You’re probably coming here because you want to know more about the Gold Auction House and what it has to offer. As people are already finding out the GAH (Gold Auction House) is a great place to start making huge amounts of gold and let me tell you gold is important.
If you’re just starting off as a new auctioneer, there are a couple key points I want to tell you about that will help you on your road to riches. First off, it’s critical to price your items with a buyout option; if you don’t put a buyout price on an auction it can be very frustrating for the buyer. People don’t want to wait two days for a piece of gear, by the time the auction is over that item may be useless to the buyer as the game is moving so fast at this point.
In order to be a successful auctioneer you must know what the general consumer is looking for. DO NOT get all seller happy and throw random items on the GAH, with the 10 auction cap you can lose huge amounts of gold by waiting 2 days for items that don’t sell.
- Use the filters to find deals. There are numerous amounts of any given item on the AH, the trick to finding deals is parsing data. I search things like Life % instead of Vitality and you can see clear price/demand differences. Life % is usually cheaper because fewer people are looking for it.
- Don’t be afraid to buyout really good deal if the listing is 1d 23h or 2
- Sell everything. Salvage blue stuff, sell yellows at the AH for cheap (below 20k) to keep them moving. The market for these are crashing by the day, you can buy them back later for cheap or farm them. What’s more important is the liquid funds to buy up great gear at low prices. When someone lists a great piece for cheap, it’s up for maybe 2 hours tops, you want to be in the position to make moves when you can.
- Selling commodity items can be one of the easiest ways to making gold fast
- Hold on to your Legendary items as the majority of people don’t have the gold it’s worth, wait a couple weeks
- Yellows will more often sell better than blues.
- Salvage blue items and sell the commodity.
- With the game so new the easiest people to sell to will be level 1-39. After level 40, people start to look for an exact stat set for their build.
- Ring or Amulets can be a hard sell, unless they have good stats, don’t bother selling them.
Truth is, gold is going to lose valve over time, with big gold sinks being a one-time purchase like maxing the shared stash tabs and artisans. We’ll start to see a drop once more and more players get to this point in the game. But now’s the time for making your millions in gold while gems, gear, weapons, pages and tomes are selling fast and for a premium.
If you’re looking for more up to the minute strategies for making gold and real money (when the RMAH releases) that will take you to the million gold clubs then check out this guide before you miss the best time to be making gold and money.